Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Black Bean Burgers

I love making black bean burgers. They're super easy and you can add any spice you want for flavor.
I made them last night, after tearing myself away from my third time watching Lost.

Pretty much, all you need to make really good black bean burgers is:

A can of black beans
Flour
Salt
Pepper
Cayenne (optional)
Green onions
Turmeric (optional)
Bun
Vegenaise
Lettuce or spinach (I use spinach)

Open the can of black beans, drain and rinse. Chop your green onions.


Eat a few raw, if you'd like. Yummm. Now smash 'em. You can use your hands, a spoon, a potato masher...as long as it works. I use my hands. As you're mashing, add flour. Add enough to make the consistency like a strong cookie dough. Add in salt, pepper, onion, and other desired spices.


Take a skillet with olive oil and heat it over medium heat. Form your black beans into little patties and fry on each side.


They should start looking like this:


I usually wait until they look a bit darker than that. Then, once they're ready,  I take some vegan cheese (galaxy brand is my favorite, or daiya), place the bean burger on it, top with spinach and vegenaise.


Yum. Yum Yum Yum. So good, and pretty darn healthy. Even Justin ate three, and he thinks vegans are ridiculous. So, there you have it. Good enough to make a meat eating Southern boy eat three!

No comments:

Post a Comment