Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mock Tuna

I miss tuna. It took me forever to like it. I used to hate it as a child, and then one day in college, ALL I wanted was a tuna sandwich. I mean, it was a terrible craving. It hurt. So I got one of my friends to come with me between classes and we got tuna sandwiches from Panera. I felt complete.

So, I miss tuna. I came across this recipe  and got super excited. The main ingredients are things I keep in my kitchen all the time. I didn't use every single ingredient listed (I don't even know where to get kelp around here) but I'm really happy with the result.

Ingredients:

1 can Garbanzo beans
Green onion, sliced
One celery stalk, sliced
1/2 cup vegan mayo
Salt
Pepper
Dill


Slice the green onion and celery stalk as shown. If you're making more than this recipe makes, use more as necessary.


Try to slice the celery pretty thin, or dice it.


Mash up the garbanzo beans with a fork. It's not that easy. It will take some elbow grease! 
After they are mashed, mix in the other ingredients.



I know it doesn't look too appetizing, but the tast is very very much like tuna. Obviously it's beans and not fish so it doesn't taste exact, but the end result left me satisfied. 


I served it on toasted whole wheat bread with some spinach. If I weren't super full I'd probably go make another one. 

So, if you're craving tuna, I advise you to try this recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment